Monday, August 25, 2008

Blackhawk Heli Encounter

Captain's Blog, Scar Date
10/9/2006

I'm sure every home haunter has had experiences during set-up that might be considered "weird", "out of the realms of the norm"; after all what we are doing is just that. One afternoon redefined that feeling for me. It was Monday October 9, 2006. I was tweaking a set that I built in the backyard when I began to hear a large helicopter getting closer and closer to my neighborhood. When it sounded like the helicopter was just over my house, I came out of the set to find a Black Hawk helicopter was hovering only a few hundred feet above my backyard. I could see the faces of the crew. I waved once, flashed a peace sign, and went back to my business. The Black Hawk flew off shorty thereafter. I spoke with a few people about the experience and started to think that my haunt must be a concern when seen from the above. I am surrounded by military establishments and I could only imagine that with 30' of camouflage on one end of my set, and a mock corridor on the other, I probably looked like I had a SAM site on my property.


It is funny, the itch to have a haunted house, and the constant need to scratch that proverbial itch. In doing so it is often easy to overlook what haunting might look like to the rest of the world.

Anyway kiddies; you may get scared at DarKWolf Manor, but Homeland Security and the military are close by to keep you safe.


No comments: